Thursday, February 22, 2007

As if I needed another reason

I'm a relative newbie to the world of hard-core gaming - I had a GameBoy back in the early 90's, when they were fresh and super-cool, but my most recent console is a PlayStation. One. However, since I started dating Code Monkey I've been playing voraciously. Kingdom Hearts I & II, Katamari and We <3 Katamari at his house, and FFVII and IX at mine. I've gotten so obsessed with FFVII, actually, that I downloaded the Advent Children movie. I loved it so much - the art, that is, the character development was lacking and I thought it was way too short - that I'll probably end up buying a real copy at some point.

Anyway, to get back on track: since getting into gaming, I've noticed that I have a bit of a shorter fuse than usual. I don't know if this is actually video game-related; it could just be a hormonal thing. Or the fact that I'm finally starting to realize how crappy my life really is and I'm taking my frustrations out on innocents. Whatever the reason, this letter (the second article), sent to and posted on Penny-Arcade, really spoke to me. I'm not saying that I feel like I'm some evil psychopath who's going to go balls-out crazy and beat on a homeless person, but I do wonder if it's something in the cultural zeitgeist that I'm reacting to.

In other news: I'm never having kids.

No comments: