Monday, January 19, 2009

Mailbox Monday

This is my first time participating in Mailbox Monday. Every week, Marcia at The Printed Page hosts this meme. I wanted to share this week because I actually got quite a few books in the mail this weekend:


I got a copy of Rock Bottom from the LibraryThing Early Reviewers, and I won two cookbooks from Bethany: Katie Brown Celebrates and Confetti Cakes for Kids. My copy of Dumbing Us Down also arrived, but after I took this picture. Yay, lots of books!

To be honest, the recipes in Confetti Cakes look a little intimidating, but I'm willing to give them a try. Katie Brown Celebrates, though, is full of easy, yummy-sounding recipes. To celebrate, I cooked the Tomato Bread Pudding recipe that Bethany featured on her site. It is delicious!


I actually just had some for breakfast. Yum...

What about you? Have you received any exciting packages in the mail?

8 comments:

Andi said...

Oh yum. That tomato bread pudding looks delicious.

Anonymous said...

The casserole dish looks cool, too.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Mailbox Monday! Those 2 cookbooks are great. Confetti Cakes is intimidating, but it's so much fun to look through.

christina said...

Jessi your food looks yummilicious!

Thanks for the award. I'll be posting about it soon.

Your blog is always so much fun to read!

Wendi said...

Wow that looks yummy! Welcome to Mailbox Monday!! I just love this meme. I love Confetti Cakes!! I recently made my son's 2nd birthday cake using the butter cream recipe from the book. It was complicated, but turned out very nicely! There's a pic on my site somewhere . . . .

Here's my Mailbox! ~ Wendi

Ana S. said...

Enjoy your new books, Jessi!

And the food looks SO good.

Unknown said...

Oh cool you got rock bottom, it looks like a good read.


Mmm that looks very very delicious :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome and thank you for stopping by the 'mailbox' this week. Enjoy your books!