Sunday, December 07, 2008

The Well-Seasoned Reader Challenge



Click here for the main page.
Rules:
*The challenge runs from January 1 to March 31. (No cheating and starting before!)
* You must read three books. After that, it's up to you how much you want to read.
* The books must: have a food name in the title OR be about cooking/eating OR have a place name in the title OR be about one (or more) person's travel experience OR be about a specific culture OR be by an author whose ethnicity is other than your own (see, I squeezed it in!)
I'll leave it up to you to choose how the three books you read fit the criteria.
* They must be middle-grade on up, but can be either fiction or non-fiction.


My list:
1. Under the Tuscan Sun - Frances Mayes
2. Eat, Pray, Love - Elizabeth Gilbert
3. Gentlemen of the Road - Michael Chabon

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

umm! these conditions you have mentioned... all the 3 books should satisfy 3 different conditions?!

I would love to do this challenge :) it sounds interesting.. I am know totally too into challenges i guess! I have joined so many!

jessi said...

Nope, you just pick three books and each has to satisfy at least one requirement. Under the Tuscan Sun and Eat, Pray, Love deal with food and travel, and Gentlemen of the Road is a fictional travel novel.

Anonymous said...

ohh ok! I have seen Eat, Pray and Travel at my book store here :)

I will join this challenge then ;)

Melissa said...

Love your books! Thanks for joining up. :)