Sunday, December 07, 2008

The Year of Readers



Click here for the main page.
What it is:
It’s an easy concept (which is probably why I thought of it). You pick a literary charity that you want to support in 2009. You sign up to be part of The Year of Readers, get people to sponsor you and just start reading whatever you like. If you’re going to read next year why not join and help a bookish charity at the same time?

I'm already sponsoring The Ferst Foundation for Childhood Literacy through work, so I decided to choose Reading is Fundamental for this "challenge." For every book I read in 2009, I'm going to donate $1.00 to RIF. If my reading trend continues, I'll have donated over $100 by the end of 2009.

3 comments:

Vasilly said...

Go, Jessi!

Bybee said...

Wow, I like this challenge!

Marie Cloutier said...

Nice! :-)