Sunday, June 29, 2008

24 Hour Read-A-Thon Post Survey



1. Which hour was most daunting for you? I had to work both Saturday and Sunday, so I didn't really get a chance to visit and cheer everyone. I guess the most stressful time for me was during my mini-challenge this morning; I was trying to keep track of who had submitted an entry, cheerlead, and get ready for work at the same time. That was an interesting two hours. :)

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Anything by Neil Gaiman, Nick Hornby, or Jasper Fforde. The Twilight series. Graphic novels (Y: The Last Man, Watchmen, Persepolis) and YA (see bookshelves of doom for suggestions).

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Nope! This was fun. I just wish I could've participated more.

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? Everyone was so nice and enthusiastic, and the updates and challenges were really well organized.

5. How many books did you read? Part of one.

6. What were the names of the books you read? Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

7. Which book did you enjoy most? The only one I was reading. :)

8. Which did you enjoy least? NA

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? I know my biggest problem was that I didn't get a chance to visit everyone. Next time, I'll break down the list and try to cheer in some sort of order, so that I know I hit everybody.

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I will DEFINITELY do this again! Next time, I want to be a reader, though. I'll do a mini-challenge again, too; that was fun!

2 comments:

Vasilly said...

Thanks for participating in the Read-a-thon! I love your book suggestions. I've already read some of Gaiman, Hornby,and the Twilight series. Now I just have to get my hands on Fforde.

jessi said...

I hope you like him - I think he's a great author for people who love books. :)