Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Sunday Salon - 28 September 2008

Hello, fellow Saloners! This hasn't been the most productive week for me, reading-wise, and I'm pretty sure today won't be much different. I'm terribly far behind in my grading, and my goal for the day is to get caught up with all my school stuff. I have to give my principal an updated list of my failing students, which means I have to go through a mountainous pile of tests, quizzes, short stories, and daily work that has been patiently waiting for my attention for the past two weeks. Yikes. After I finish grading, I may get some pleasure reading done - we'll see.

I do have some updates from my last Weekly Geeks post, though (I'm not participating in this week's theme, because I haven't really read any books from 2008, sadly). First, my TBR/Currently Reading pile:
Sadly, some of these books have been sitting by my bed for months. I plan on really digging in during the 24 Hour Read-a-Thon, which I am FINALLY able to participate in.

Next, my "Free Books!" box that I will be dropping off at Curves tomorrow evening:
All of these books are registered on BookCrossing and a lot of them are also part of the 2008 Movie/TV Books Release Challenge.

And now, my newest Ravelry project:
In case you can't tell, it's a star-shaped afghan. I started it as a gift for a coworker, but she's already gone on maternity leave and it's nowhere near finished, so who knows who will actually get it. It's my first time using this pattern, so it's not exactly perfect, but I think it's cute.

Lastly: this isn't actually a project of mine, but I thought it was interesting - Book-spines turned into stories (found on BoingBoing).

Have a great Sunday, and Happy Reading!

No comments: