Monday, July 13, 2009

Playing the game #gameondiet

After following @BethFishReads's, @toofondofbooks's, @myfriendamy's, and @fizzythoughts's progress in The Game On! diet, I decided to take the plunge and start a competition of my own. I bought a copy of the book yesterday and talked my friend/co-worker, Brandi, into doing a one-on-one game. We're going shopping for supplies today and then tomorrow, it's on!

I also picked up a copy of My Weight Loss Coach for my Nintendo DS; between that and my WiiFit, I'll be gamer-girl geeking my way to the top of this competition. I'm not going to review The Game On! Diet book; both Beth F and Dawn (and Amy and softdrink) have done a great job of that already. You can check it out online here if you're interested.

Brandi and I have already decided that if this four weeks goes well, we'll try to recruit some more teachers once school starts back up and get a bigger competition going. Wish us luck!

11 comments:

Amy said...

Good luck! I"m playing the game right now (Dawn and Beth are my competitors lol!) and it's fun and frustrating. ;)

Enjoy!

Care said...

Good luck and may it be a ton of fun! I think the idea is a great one.

Jenn's Bookshelves said...

Good luck!! I'm playing it now (Dawn and Beth are on my team). It's tough at first, but boy does it pay off!

Anonymous said...

Good luck! It can be a lot of fun, although a bit challenging with the food at times. Planning is very important!

Dawn - She is Too Fond of Books said...

I'll be looking for your updates - so glad that you're giving it a go!

The first few days are the toughest - getting used to drinking all that water and planning 5 smaller meals per day.

You and your co-worker will support each other even though you're competing :)

Beth F said...

Good luck! Can't wait to see how you do. Stick with it, really does seem to work. I love the habit parts -- It's a great way to make some changes in your life.

The Reading Momster said...

Wow! Good Luck! I am glad you are taking it up!
Game on girl :)

Kim (Sophisticated Dorkiness) said...

Good luck! I hope you post about the DS game you bought. I have a DS, but never thought about getting a game to help with dieting.

I'm sort of old school -- I lost about 30 pounds over the last two years mostly by training myself to eat better. I switched up my diet gradually though, which is why it took such a long time to see results.

I think the Game On diet would be a good way to be motivated to start right away. I'm curious how the DS game would work :)

Book Club Girl said...

Welcome aboard and good luck! I'm between games right now, but I lost 10 lbs the first time around! We start up again this coming Monday at work with a whole lot more people playing. It really works and is fun. I'm a bit at a loss without it! Let me know if you want an "I'm Getting My Game On" button for your blog! Thanks for playing!

Ti said...

I've lost 9 lbs so far and gone down two sizes in clothes in just two weeks so I can tell ya that it really does work. Good luck to ya!

jessi said...

Thanks for all the support!

Amy and Jill - Good luck with the diet! I'll add your links, too.

Kim - I am LOVING the DS game right now! I'll post a review of it next week.