First:I don't believe I have ever read a book about sports, aside from a BSC book involving the Krushers or that one where Jessi competed in a synchronized swimming event. I'm sure I've read books where sports have been involved in the story, but none that were exclusively about sports or the Olympics. I'm not really a sports fan in general, but I LOVE hockey. I don't really have a desire to read about it, though; I just enjoy watching it. I like baseball, too, and my boyfriend is trying to get me to watch "real" football (meaning soccer - he's Latino), but I just can't get that into it. I'm not that into sports movies, either, aside from The Mighty Ducks series (just the first two, though) and Bring It On (if you want to consider cheerleading a sport). Oh, well.
* Do you or have you ever read books about the Olympics? About sports in general?
* Fictional ones? Or non-fiction? Or both?
* Do you consider yourself a sports fan?
* Because, of course, if you’re a rabid fan and read about sports constantly, there’s a logic there; if you hate sports and never read anything sports-related, that, too … but you don’t have to love sports to enjoy a good sports story.
* (Or a good sports movie, for that matter. Feel free to expand this into a discussion about “Friday Night Lights” or “The Natural” or whatever…)
You don't have to take my word for it. Visit Booking Through Thursday for more opinions.