Friday, August 01, 2008

July Book Blowout Challenge Wrap Up



Mrs. S' July Book Blowout Challenge ended yesterday! My goal for the challenge was to read 10 books - and I did it! My list of books can be found here, but the breakdown goes like this:
1 audiobook
2 graphic novels
11 YA rereads
5 new YA
3 adult novels
1/2 adult novel that I started in June

Wrap up questions:
1. Did you discover a new author?
Yep; I will definitely be on the lookout for more of Cory Doctorow's books.

2. Where was the most unusual place you found yourself reading?
I read everywhere normally, so no place was unusual for me. I try to keep a book in my purse, just in case I get stuck waiting somewhere. I also read while eating (so long as no one else is eating with me) and while taking bubble baths.

3. Did you read more than usual?
It certainly felt like it! I think because I reread so many BSC books. Those things are easy to get through, and they helped me recover from the darkness of Less Than Zer0.

4. Did you give up anything in order to read more?
Playing video games, crocheting, knitting, blogging, lesson planning (oops!), and hanging out with my boyfriend. Actually, I was able to convince him to read with me, so that was pretty cool.

5. If you won the Amazon voucher what would you spend it on?
Books, of course!

6. Would you like to see a 2009 Book Blowout?
Yes, please! This was fun, and great motivation.

No comments: