Now that the holiday season is over, it’s time for new projects! Help celebrate Dewey’s love of books AND of knitting! This is a mini-challenge for those of us that are honoring her memory by reading the books she talked about on her blog, and who also share her love of knitting! How about dedicating at least one of your 2009 knitting (or other handwork!) projects to Dewey’s memory? Perhaps you would like to knit or crochet some things for a local charity? Or if you’ve never learned to knit, maybe it’s time to learn! (Come on, Chris!)Visit the mini-challenge page for more info and to sign up. I'm not sure what I'll be knitting (or crocheting) yet, but I would like to try my hand at a pair of socks...
* Leave a comment on this post to sign up for Dewey’s Knit-A-Long by the end of January, and I will randomly pick one of your names and send you a free scarf pattern, some beautiful NORO yarn, and some bamboo knitting needles for the project.
* Post about your projects on your own blog as you finish them, (or post updates on your progress!), include photos, and then leave a comment on this post each time. I will update this blog throughout the next few months with links to your project updates, with reviews of knitting books, and with interesting and helpful knitting information.
* Please put one of the Knit-A-Long buttons on your sidebar with a link to this post for easy access.
* A drawing will also be held at the end of February, March, and April for more prizes: patterns, yarn (I have some Malabrigo for you sock knitters!), and knitting books!
* You don’t have to finish your project in that time. Just post about what you have on the needles and about your progress! But please keep us updated!
* If you prefer another type of handwork other than knitting…we welcome you, too! Please just make a note of that when you sign up here so that if your name is chosen for a prize, I can adjust it to your preferred handwork materials!
Sunday, January 04, 2009
Dewey's Books Mini-Challenge: Dewey's Knit-a-Long
Robin is sponsoring the second mini-challenge for the Dewey's Books Reading Challenge: Dewey's Knit-a-Long! From the challenge blog: