Saturday, May 14, 2005

I'm in Athens, visiting Chris for the weekend, and I have commandeered his computer to check e-mail. It's been a very interesting week. There's a big move going on in the store, which has taken up most of my time and energy. I finished reading Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, a completely awesome (and very long) book. Fans of Harry Potter should check it out - it'll give you something to read until HBP. I've now moved on to The Red Tent, by Anita Diamant, which is about the life of Dinah, Jacob's daughter and Joseph's sister. Fiction, obviously, but still interesting from a Religious Studies-minor's point of view.

So, last night I came to Athens so that Chris and I could celebrate the end of his first year in law school and my newly-reacquired singledom. We ended up walking around downtown before heading over to Tasty World to see The Whigs, a local band (not to be confused with The Afghan Whigs, an early-to-mid 90's alternative band). I ended up getting completely drunk on screwdrivers before the band even started. To be fair, there were two opening acts to sit (and drink) through, Iron Hero, another local band who were really good, and Taylor Hollingsworth, one of those skinny indie guys that Chris wanted to buy a sandwich. I did manage to take two really blurry camera phone pictures:

The Whigs at Tasty World Hank Sullivant has red hair. That's hot.

So, yeah, that was a fun night. I passed out on the futon as soon as we got back to Chris's place. I was semi-falling asleep at the show, since it didn't end til 2 and I'm used to being in bed by 10 or so.

Fangirl time: I am beyond excited about Episode III. And super-sad about the season finale of Veronica Mars. But also? Super-glad that it's coming back next year! And the first season will be out on dvd soon. I would put SQUEE! in there, but I'm still groggy and slightly hungover.

No comments: