Tuesday, June 14, 2005

The verdict

We were listening to the radio at work today when the verdict was announced. One of the perks of working retail - we have to keep our display TV, radio, and DVD players running all the time. I was kind of torn when I heard "not guilty" on each charge. On one hand, Michael Jackson's pretty messed up (read: "borderline insane"), and I'm not convinced he didn't do it. But on the other hand, if the evidence was circumstantial, then you can't really have a conviction. Yay! for our wonderful justice system. If anything, I really thought he would've been found guilty of giving alcohol to minors, but I guess if you call it "Jesus juice," it makes it ok. Maybe now the whole media circus will calm down, and we can get to work punishing the REAL guilty parties - the parents who suspected Jackson of wrongdoing, but allowed their child to be alone with him anyway.

No comments: