Care assigned me the letter B in the alphabet meme. Here are ten of my favorite B-words:
Caspian Beach ساحل خزر
Originally uploaded by >TOORAJ
1. The Beach! Any beach, really, but I'm partial to Hilton Head Island, SC (my family vacations there every year) and Tampa/St. Petersburg, FL (where my mom grew up and the majority of her family still lives).
2. B Bands. The Beatles, Boston, bis (RIP), bicycle, Ben Folds (Five), The B-52's...
3. Boston terriers. Generally speaking, I love all dogs. Yes, even the two that bit me on the face when I was little - OUCH! But when I finally have a house and fenced-in back yard of my own, I really want to get one of these. They're so cute! And smart and lively to boot.
4. Baking. I love making cookies, cakes, cupcakes, etc. It's relaxing. And yummy!
5. Backrubs. Speaking of relaxing...who doesn't love a good rub down now and then? One of my friends went through training to become a message therapist a few years ago, and I loved being her guinea pig.
6. Book-related websites. BookCrossing, BookMooch, LibraryThing, GoodReads...I use and love them all.
7. Bernal, Gael Garcia. One of my favorite actors. I loved him Amores perros, Y yu mama tambien, and El Crimen de padre Amaro. I have yet to see The Science of Sleep, but I'm sure it's wonderful, too.
8. Bubble wrap. Is there anything as satisfying as receiving something in the mail and then spending the next ten minutes blissfully popping all the bubble wrap it came in? I think not.
9. Buffy - the movie ("Pike isn't a name; it's a fish.") and the TV series ("Well, I like you. You're nice, and you're funny, and you don't smoke. Yeah, okay, werewolf, but that's not all the time. I mean, three days out of the month I'm not much fun to be around either."). I still listen to the "Once More, With Feeling" soundtrack almost every day. It must be bunnies!
10. B&Bs. When I went to the UK, my tour group stayed in a variety of Bed & Breakfasts. They're cozy, the people who run them are friendly, and you're guaranteed a great breakfast when you wake up. The place we stayed in Monmouthshire (Wales) even had cats that slept in the bed with you!
I realize this meme has probably run its course by now, but if you'd like to play along, leave a comment and I'll give you a letter.