Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Recipe Tuesday: Garlic Ginger Scallops and Shrimp

Today's recipe is another one from my good ol' diet cookbook. This recipe makes one serving, so if you're feeding more than one, make sure you double/triple/quadruple the recipe.

Garlic Ginger Scallops and Shrimp

Ingredients:
1 tsp oil
6 oz scallops
2 oz shrimp
1 clove minced garlic
1 tsp minced ginger
1 Tbs low sodium soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil

Heat a nonstick skillet and add the oil, scallops, and shrimp. Turn once and add the remaining ingredients. It won't take long for the scallops and shrimp to cook - the shrimp will curl and turn pink, and the scallops will become opaque. Don't overcook them, as it will make them rubbery and gross.

Serve with brown rice and steamed zucchini. If you don't have fresh ginger, you can use powdered - it tastes delicious regardless.

Care's been posting weekly recipes, too, so make sure you stop by her blog for more cooking ideas. Happy eating!

3 comments:

Beth F said...

An another good one. Garlic and ginger anything would be good in my book!

Care said...

h no! I didn't post a recipe this week! I've been subbing and not blogging and trying to pull together tax info (never fun) - so... I'll go do something right now... shame on me! and you linked! argh!!! (you were talking about ME, right? I didn't click to find out. uhoh) Btw, I subbed for 8th grade today and I think I'm much better at middle school than primary.)

Erin Elizabeth said...

Jessi--this sounds wonderful! I'll have to try it sometime when I have money again. Maybe next year