Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Sunday Salon - 22 February 2009: Playing catch-up

Good morning, fellow Saloners! Things I've done over the past two weeks that have kept me from blogging regularly:

* Finished a shawl I was crocheting for my mom's birthday next month.

* Finished reading Rock Bottom, read The Tenth Circle, and started reading Matrimony.

* Received two books in the mail: Cassandra and Jane (thanks to J. Kaye for the giveaway!) and I Put a Spell on You (by my high school friend and amazing YA writer Adam Selzer). I can't wait to read these two.

* Taught my students about poetry. Some of them enjoyed it, some didn't. I had arranged for a rapper to come talk to them about rhythm, assonance, consonance, etc, but we had a few tornadoes coming through the area the night before and he couldn't make it.

* Remember that Austenland giveaway I had several weeks back? Well, I only had two people enter, so I decided to give both of them a book. Congrats to Chayenne and liane66!

* I also had an opportunity to watch the amazing Pierre Bensusan perform Friday night. He was voted the world's greatest guitarist last year, and after watching him, I can understand why:



Now I'm off to do some more reading and writing. Have a great Sunday, everyone!

6 comments:

Ana S. said...

It's too bad the rapper couldn't make it...that is such a great idea!

samantha.1020 said...

I read and enjoyed Matrimony. Hope you enjoy it as well :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the giveaway, Jessi. :] I can't wait to read it!

Vasilly said...

I've heard so many great things about Matrimony. I can't wait to read your review. Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

did my comment just disappear? something whacky is going on...

Ali said...

Glad to have you back, I missed you!