Saturday, July 05, 2008

July Book Blowout Challenge Survey


Hey everyone - July 1 has arrived and we have 58 participants for the July Book Blowout!

I thought it would be nice to kick off with a mini-challenge - to introduce ourselves to each other. If you want to take part just answer these questions:
1. Describe yourself in one sentence. I am a 20-something who lives in a smallish town, reads too much, tries to speak Spanish, and enjoys being crafty (as in knitting, crocheting, and scrapbooking, not as in being sneaky).

2. What book will you start the challenge with? I've already read three YA books - Just Ella and two BSC books. Right now I'm (still) working on The Yiddish Policemen's Union and Stitch 'N Bitch.

3. Where is your favourite place to read? In the fall, I like reading outside. Since it's so hot right now, I've been sitting in a big comfy couch. I'll read anywhere, really.

4. What is your favourite book of all time? Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice and Frank Herbert's Dune. I can't pick just one.

5. Remind us all of your challenge target I want to finish 10 books.

4 comments:

Clare - The Super Mommy Club said...

Wow You're well on your wear to meeting your target! Keep up the good work :)

Bryce said...

jessi, lately i've been feeling like we might be the same person, living separate lives in two different cities. The only evidence I have for this is our unseemly fascination with all things BSC, and the fact that you may be one of the only two people in the world who would mention P&P and Dune in the same sentence. Besides me, of course.

Can I just steal everything you write and claim it as mine? If my above theory is correct, then that wouldn't really be violating copyright laws, would it?

jessi said...

@ bryce: Ha! I know how you feel. Claim away - but are you really SURE we're two different people? Who's to say you're not the Tyler Durden to my unnamed narrator? :)

Ana S. said...

The Yiddish Policemen's Union is one I'm very curious about. I look forward to your thoughts on it.

Good luck with your goal!