Friday, July 18, 2008

Why so serious?

Being the geekette that I am, of course I went to the midnight showing of The Dark Knight last night. I actually made it a comic book movie night and saw Hellboy 2 beforehand. (It was awesome too, for the record.) But DK was just...amazing. It was nearly 3 hours long! And so much stuff happened. The biggest surprise I'm not even gonna mention, because I wasn't spoiled for this movie and I don't think anyone else should be, either. Christian Bale was hard core, and Michael Caine was great for comic relief, but Heath Ledger totally owned this movie. He was just so perfect as the Joker: creepy and scary and frackin' insane.

One thing I was disappointed about - no Harry Potter teaser. But we did get this:

which is just is good.

Anyone else see it? What did you think? Did you have nightmares?

I've gotten a little obsessed with amigurumi over the past few months; I made the cutest little penguin for Ashley, and now I've got my crochet hooks set on something slightly more difficult. Watching Hellboy 2, all I could think was, how awesome would it be to make an amigurumi Hellboy? With, like, a Sculpey rock hand and Big Baby?

More DK links for your entertainment:
Does Batman Have Insurance?, from Best Week Ever
"Dark Knight" Dogma, from MTV

No comments: