Monday, December 29, 2008

The Dream King Challenge

After much thought (and encouragement from Laza), I decided to create a Neil Gaiman Reading Challenge. Here it is!

The Dream King Challenge will run from 1 January 2009 - 31 December 2009.

This is a partial list of Neil's works that I've compiled. Use it to help you choose your level of participation. There are four different levels:
Neophyte: Read one work and watch one movie
Acolyte: Read three works (from three different categories) and watch one movie
Devotee: Read six works (from six different categories) and watch one movie
Zealot: Read twelve works (from at least six different categories) and watch one movie

There will also be mini-challenges (with prizes!) and other fun activities during the year. If you'd like to join, leave a comment below or send an email to xjessideex [at] gmail [dot] com. There's even a challenge blog! It's really sad how excited I am about this, and I really hope other people sign up. :)

14 comments:

Ana S. said...

Why must you do this to me, Jessi! I thought I was done with challenges :P But how can I not join? And miss the chance to sport that lovely button?

Hmm, I have been meaning to re-read the Sandman anyway. And Good Omens! I haven't read Good Omens in years. Plus there are lots of comics I have to catch up with still. I'll come back to officially sign up once I pick my level.

You're awesome for doing this :D

jessi said...

Yay! I'm just thrilled to have someone else doing it with me. :) I guess I should add something about re-reads on the rules, huh?

Ana S. said...

As long as it's saying they're allowed :P

jessi said...

Of course! Otherwise some of us wouldn't have much left to read... :)

Vasilly said...

I'm in! I'm doing the neophyte level. I'm watching either Coraline or Stardust and reading Fragile Things.

Unknown said...

YES! I'm totally in and going for the devotee level.

Ali said...

I'm in at the Neophyte level. I've only ever read the graphic novel version of Coraline (and I don't think that counts because he didn't actually write it, did he?) so I'm a total Gaiman newbie. We have The Graveyard Book on hold at the library. I'll need help choosing a movie.

Eva said...

Oh man!!! I canNOT pass this up, lol, but I'm going to have to be doing some rereads, since I've read most of his books already. Well, actually, I still have most of the graphic novels left.

I came over to thank you for joining in my challenge, lol. :p

Maree said...

Oh ... I thought I was done with challenges too ... coincidentally, I have two Neil Gaiman books _ Anansi Boys and Smoke and Mirrors on my reading list for 09.
I mean, that's fate, right?

jessi said...

I'm so glad so many of you are signing up! I'm going to be sending out invites to post on the challenge blog, so if I miss you, let me know. :)

Ana S. said...

I decided to go with devotee, and I posted my list here. This is going to be so much fun.

Stephanie said...

I'm totally in for this one. I can NOT pass it up!!

Kim L said...

I'm in. Someone (Nymeth I think?) introduced me to Neil Gaiman last year and it hasn't been the same since. So I will DEFINITELY be reading more Neil this year.

*Goes off to work on list.

jessi said...

Stephanie, Kim, glad to have you! I sent both of you an invite to post on the blog, so if you don't get it, let me know. :)