Monday, May 12, 2014
Bout of Books 10
I saw some book bloggers tweeting about this today and thought, why not? I have a pile of books to read (including two to finish for book clubs this weekend!), so I could definitely use the motivation.
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 12th and runs through Sunday, May 18th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 10 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
1. Read for at least two hours every day.
2. Finish Dune before Saturday's book club meeting.
3. Read Jaka's Story before Sunday's comic book club meeting.
4. Participate in one twitter chat (probably Wednesday's).
5. Any other books read must be ARCs on my Kindle.
And...that's it! This is my first read-a-thon in years. If you'd like to join in, visit the Bout of Books blog.