Friday, May 23, 2014

Friday 56

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader (If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.

Today's excerpt comes from The Here and Now, a futuristic love story by Ann Brashares:

"I get some toiletries at a blindingly bright drugstore. Ethan tags along as I pick out a toothbrush, toothpaste and a pink plastic hairbrush. In a distant way I think the old thoughts: Am I doing this right? Would a normal person buy this? Am I giving anything away?"

4 comments:

Juli Rahel said...

I never thought about it but drugstores are incredibly bright! I wonder why. And I wonder why she feels the need to make sure she acts "normal". The cover for this one on Goodreads looks absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great weekend!
My Friday Memes
Juli @ Universe in Words

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Uh-oh. Can't help but wonder what's abnormal about this character! I'm intrigued.
Here's the link to my Friday post: THE DOCTOR'S INDISCRETION.

fredamans said...

Sounds like a great read for sure.

Happy weekend!

gautami tripathy said...

Great 56!! Love that cover!!

Here is my Friday 56 post!!

AND

Here is my Book Beginning post!!